Diamonds may be Earth's hardest substance, but they are by no means indestructible. Know how to take care of that everlasting symbol of your love—your engagement ring. Here are some tips to help along the way.
- We recommend you bring your jewelry in for cleaning and inspection every 6 months. This preventive maintenance will make sure that all of your stones are tight and that the prongs remain adequately strong. This is your best assurance against the loss of valuable gems. At Meadows' these inspections and cleaning care are FREE of charge.
- Remove your ring during athletic or rough activity. If it is hit too hard, it may get chipped.
- Keep your diamond in a lined jewelry box away from other jewelry, as they may scratch your diamond.
- Keep your ring away from household cleaners, especially chlorine bleach. Some household cleaners can damage your setting or diamond, making it dull or even affecting its color.
- Clean Jewelry Regularly. If you wear your jewelry on a daily basis, it will need a routine cleaning. You can do this by soaking it in sudsy warm water or by using a jewelry cleaner. This will remove the daily buildup of soap scum, natural oils, lotion, etc.